20 July, 2009

How things went.

I went out Saturday night got a message then decided to go to Southbound listened to the band and drank some. When I was leaving there was this guy standing outside looking for his friend and couldn't find him. I recognized him from work so I asked him where his friend was and he said he ditched him. So I asked him if he needed a ride and he said yes I can't drive I am drunk. So I asked him where and of all places it was my work. So I took him over there and went in to use the bathroom. The guys friends there wouldn't take him back to his trailer so I took him to his trailer and dropped him off then headed home. I went to bed after I got home. Then I got up at 6:30am and got ready to go and pick up A from Girls In Motion Dance camp. It was a long HOT drive. I don't have a/c in my car so the ride seemed alot longer than it really was. I got to camp and watched the girls perform the dances and they were all so great. Then we drove home boy was it hotter than driving there. But we made it and didn't have heat strokes. A went to bed as soon as we got home and I fell asleep at 5pm. And I didn't get up till 5:30am and A says she woke up at 3am.

Now for today. ARGGGGHHHH I got ready for work was supposed to be there at 7am got there on time and was immediately told to go home. The damn door hadn't even shut behind me when I was told to go home. I asked her "Can I ask why?" the response to that was "Just go home Jennifer" I was fuming. So I stood there and she continued to walk to the kitchen not even looking back barked some orders in the kitchen and then started walking back out. I left cause by then I was pissed and knew that if I spoke to her I would start screaming so I just turned around and walked out. I have never been treated as a child at work unless I was one that stopped when I was 12 years old. Not even was I treated as a child when I was 16 and 17 and had a job. So now I am sitting at home considering calling the owner and putting in my two week notice. Cause this is total BS. I was on f*&%ing time and deserve a reason to why she told me to go home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes There is no doubt that you need to get an reasonable explanation. as i said on the FB comments. this is not professional.. and you diserve a reason why. they have your numbers.. why didn' they call you and tell you not to come in if this was a problem.. its because they wanted you to get up early and come in to tell you.. if she had been a man she would have been walking around with a little chubby for about an hour for that.. I have had bosses that get off on this kind of power trip.. but now you hve to ask yourself.. Is this job still worth the pocket money you said it was for when you first got it? if it is then i suppose you will just have to deal with it.. but if it is not then you need to confront and make your stand.
This is BULLSHIT and like you said.. you are not a child.

WillowMoon said...

I will be finding out I am not a child and will not take it like one. I will not act as nothing happened and go into work the next day and continue to act as it didn't happen. I will go and get my check today and ask the owner why I was sent home as soon as I got to work. If she doesn't know then I will ask the person who did it. But I will get an explanation for this BS.

Nikky said...

i believe that even though you showed up on time and they sent you home that you are entitled to 4 hours of pay. you should call the owner and ask why you were sent home. tell him all the crap that is going down and then make a phone call to your labor board. that is BS. Bullies in the work place need to be dealt with. if it happens again be sure to punch in first and then punch out. You should also log a formal complaint with the owner about your supervisor.

sorry, that kind of stuff really gets me pissed!

Anonymous said...

yes that is a great idea.. even if you are sent home as soon as you walk through the door.. you should go clock in any ways.. and then clock out if they need you to.. that way you have that trail of evidence that you did show up for work. At this point.. there is not record of you ever coming into work and if she is going to be a total bitch then she can say you never showed up. This way there is more to the argument than just a fevered " she knows i was here!!! she is lying!!!"

On that same note.. i would ask for a reason in writing.. Put on a piece of paper that you are wanting to know why you were sent home on what ever date with out any reason and could you please be given that reason now. This way it is professional, grown-up like and there is a paper trial. But I know you wont do that.. you would like to act like these people are like friends when they are not and you wont feel comfortable putting something in writing.. Its too formal or what ever.. i just know this to be the case. I can' only hope you will try and give this a chance and no matter what, get your reason. even if it is the last thing you ever do at that job.
Other than that. and even if you decide to keep the job or not.. I would let the air out of her tires.. ALL OF THEM. and then call it a day!!!!! that is my evil side talking there.. but then again you know me better than that too.. my truly evil side would tell you to wait till she comes out late at night and then dump trash and dog shit on her as you and your kids toss eggs at both her and the car!!!!! even that is not truly evil.. but you get my drift...
Personally,,, i would take the paper trial as my first resort. and then gmove on to the trash and tire letting.....